The Samsodien Foundation NPO will be participating in the 16 Days of Activism for No Violence against Women and Children Campaign from 25 November (International Day of No Violence against Women) to 10 December 2020.
Other key commemorative days during this period include World Aids Day on the 1st December and the International Day for Persons with Disabilities, on 3 December of every year.
“Given the scourge of Gender-Based violence in the country, which is declared a national address, government is implementing the Emergency Response Action Plan on Gender-Based Violence and Femicide, which was announced by President Cyril in September 2019.”
The Samsodien Foundation NPO developed benefits that is provided for in the “Roxy Assist Services” programme in support of violence against women and children. Some of these benefits are:
- Gender-based violence Support
- Trauma and Emotional Support
- HIV Prevention, Rape and Assault Support
Persons who register via the website have access to these and many other benefits free of costs.
What can you expect during this 16 days?
During the 16 Days period, Government together with civil society and the private sector will host a series of community and sector dialogues and activities to foster a collaborative effort in dealing with GBVF.
- Be an activist against GBV in your homes, communities, work and positions:
- Challenge cultures and practices that perpetuate gender inequalities and consequent abuse of women and children at personal and societal level.
- Play your part:
- Reject and report abusers- Act and don’t look away!
- Do not protect abusers, report them!
- Sign the Pledge Against Gender-Based Violence. Do not engage in abusive activities and become an abuser- Stop abuse.
- Challenge and denounce cultural practices that perpetuate gender inequalities
- Be sensitive and supportive to GBV victims – share helpful information and support causes near you.
- Seek personal help to change harmful behaviors such as alcohol and substance abuse
- Teach children values of gender equality
- Protect children from exposure to violence and harmful content on internet and social media, including pornography, sexual solicitation
- Develop policies that prevent and deal with gender based violence in your sector, workplace and communities.
- Organise targeted community outreach and dialogues on solution towards a gender equal society.
Together, let us take actions to support the 16 Days of Activism for No Violence Against Women and Children campaign.